I thought it would be fun to give you 20 facts about me.
1. I am almost 28. Whoa, I’m pretty sure I just turned 22 last year…
2. We had Micah’s name picked out since before our first anniversary. At 34 weeks, I think we have finally made a decision.
3. I can lick my elbows, even though it’s supposedly scientifically impossible.
4. I’m totally disgusted by wet shower curtains. Even our own. I don’t like them touching me.
4. When I was 19, I took a semester off of college, and spent a month in England and then 3 months in South Africa on a mission’s trip with my friend. Never went back to college. Never regretted that decision.
5. I have a scar on my tongue from slipping in my high chair when I was two. I had to eat pb&j for weeks. It took me many years to eat another pb&j.
6. I was the only one in my class all high school. I was not home schooled. Just went to a very small Christian school.
7. I always knew I wanted to be a wife and mother. I also thought I’d be done having kids by 30…
8. I am totally grossed out by mushrooms and tuna. Mushrooms = fungus. Tuna = cat food.
9. According to my husband and brother-in-law, I have extreme opinions about food. (read #8)
10. I broke my foot 12 weeks before my wedding.
11. I’m very picky about the color yellow… and yet I’m choosing to have an accent wall of yellow in Micah’s new room. I just love the yellow/grey/navy look.
12. I grew up in a Christian home, and my relationship with Christ has always been important to me. There was only a short phase in high school that I went through a rebellious phase, and I am very thankful for a friend/mentor who loved me enough to tell me I was being foolish. I still love her and her family very much and think of them often 🙂
13. I love to cook and bake, but prefer to bake.
14. Out of all my paid jobs, before becoming a stay at home mom, my favorite was being a barista at Starbucks. I miss the rush of it. Jerry tells me I sound like I’m talking about drugs when I say it like that. But hey, some people think coffee is a drug 😉
15. I’ve “known” Jerry since I was 4, but it wasn’t until many crushes, one boyfriend and 17 years later that we actually started having interest in one another/dating. After that, we dated 4 months and 4 months later were married.
16. My godfather gave Jerry “permission” to Jerry a year before that at my sister’s wedding.
17. I love fall, and would be happy if it never got over 73*.
18. I cloth diapered Micah in the beginning but gave up after a month of him leaking after an hour. I couldn’t handle all that wash on top of the lack of sleep. I started up again a few months ago and like the kind we have now so much better. Prefolds for life! 😉
19. I hate eating leftovers for lunch. Even when I’m not pregnant. I’d take the pb&j any day.
20. I have a love/hate relationship with coffee. I go on and off it all the time. But when I do drink it, I prefer creamer and sugar.