Well, we’re already half-way through the week, but here’s what’s cookin’!
Monday – Carnitas
Tuesday – Spaghetti
Wednesday – Cinco de Mayo party! Healthier Chocolate Parfaits <– These are AH-Mazing! I topped them with an oreo. Totally going to be making homemade chocolate pudding more often. So good. If you’ve never done it, it’s easy-peasy.
Thursday – Crock Pot Spinach & Ricotta Lasagna (recipe below)
Friday – Dinner at a friend’s house
Saturday – White Broccoli Pizza (uses Flat Out thin crust artisan pizza flatbread – that’s a mouthful 😉 )
Sunday – Steaks on the grill with roasted broccoli
Crock Pot Spinach and Ricotta Lasagna
Calories – 269; Carbs – 23; Fat – 12; Protein – 16
- 20 oz. chopped frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 cup ricotta
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 3 cups marinara sauce
- 6 whole wheat lasagna noodles (not “no boil” kind)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a large bowl, mix together spinach, ricotta and 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese.
- in a second bowl mix together marinara sauce and 1/2 cup water
- Spread 3/4 cup of marinara mixture in the bottom of your crock pot.
- Lay 2 noodles (break to fit if you need to), spread 3/4 cup of marinara mixture, 1/2 of the spinach mixture, 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese.
- Repeat step 4.
- Top with remaining noodles, marinara, mozzarella and parmesan.
- Cook on low 3 1/2-4 hours (every crock pot cook differently, so watch it.