So as to not leave you without anything for the next week, I’ve decided to give you my top 10 most used Pinterest recipes.
10. Make ahead Taco Pie – Our favorite ethnic food would have to be Mexican, by far. So a recipe for a dinner pie with a Mexican flare is right up our alley!
9. Sweet and Sour Chicken – Next to Mexican, I really enjoy some good Chinese take-out. But that stuff’s a calorie killer! So this has been my go-to recipe when I’m craving some take-out. It’s take-out-fake-out at it’s best.
8. Crock pot honey sesame chicken – This one’s also another good take-out-fake-out, and it’s done in the crock pot. Even better!
Moving on from main dish recipes,
7. Blueberry French Toast Casserole, whether it’s for breakfast, or breakfast for dinner, this casserole is GOOD. All natural ingredients, but still flavorful and filling.
6. Banana Bread Pancakes – I love banana bread. And I love pancakes. This is the perfect combination. We like to throw in some chopped walnuts, and I’ve never actually made the cream cheese syrup. They’re just fine without it!
5. Honey Wheat Flaxseed Pancakes – and for a “straight up”, no muss, no fuss pancakes, this is my new go-to. You don’t even have to mix the dry and wet ingredients separately first. Bonus!
OK, now onto desserts. I have a serious sweet tooth, but once again, most desserts are not calorie friendly. Well, here are a couple that I really like, when I want a treat, but want to keep it healthy, and one for those times when I say, “to heck with it! Give me the good stuff!”. And yes, I really would say that… I’m just like any other girl.
4. Triple Chocolate Chunk Muffins – these are made with Stevia. I don’t like Stevia, but somehow (probably the very small amount) it doesn’t bother me in this recipe. They’re great with some vanilla frozen yogurt for a brownie a’la mode feel.
3. Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies – the whole no flour thing is not an issue for me, but whatever, I like oats in a cookie too. I also used my one tablespoon scoop instead of two, like the recipe says. I like control over how many or how few I can eat. And as far as my personal opinion, I think these lean heavier towards a banana flavor than a peanut butter flavor. Still good though for no flour, sugar or butter!
2. Whole Wheat (Coconut) Chocolate Chip Cookies – I put coconut in parenthesis because you can’t taste the texture of the coconut. And that’s what I don’t like about it. Love the flavor, hate the texture.
And for the last one, well this is one that I haven’t actually even tried yet, but can’t wait to when I get back home.
1. Peanut Butter Cup Smoothie – oh chocolate and peanut butter… you get me every time.
What are you favorite Pinterest recipe finds?