Monday – Make-Ahead Taco Pie
Tuesday – Chicken Cheesesteaks with Peppers
Wednesday –CP Honey Sesame Chicken
Thursday – Jerry’s in NY, LEFTOVERS!
Friday – Baked Italian Sandwiches
Saturday – Vegetable Lo Mein (recipe below)
Sunday – Sweet & Sour Chicken
Vegetable Lo Mein
adapted from Cooking Light way to cook
- 3 c. chopped spinach
- 14 oz. Chinese egg noodles (or spaghetti)
- 1/4 c. soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. sesame oil
- 2 tbsp. oil
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 medium red bell pepper cut into 1/4″ strips
- 3/4 c. chopped green onions
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1/2 c. frozen shelled edamame, thawed
- 3 tbsp. hoisin sauce
- Bring 2 qt. water to a boil in a Duth oven. Add spinach, and cook 1 minute or until greens wilt. Remove greens from water. Plunge greens into ice water; drain and squeeze dry. Set aside.
- Return water in pan to a boil. Add pasta and cook to al dente. Drain and rinse with cold water, and drain well. Place noodles in a large bowl. Add 1 tbsp. soy sauce and sesame oil, tossing to coat, and set aside.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil. Add ginger, peppers, onions, and garlic. stir-fry 2 minutes or until bell pepper is crisp-tender. Stir in greens and edamame; stir-fry 30 seconds. Stir in noodle mixture, remaining 3 tbsp. soy sauce, and hoisin sauce; cook 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
Serves 6; Calories – 339