Monday – Amanda’s Meatloaf (recipe below)
Tuesday – Turkey hotdogs
Wednesday – Spaghetti
Thursday – Quick Chicken Pot Pie
Friday – Whole Wheat Banana Bread Waffles
Saturday – Pizza (recipe below)
Sunday – Lunch plans, bringing this salad with our adjustments of apples instead of pears and no bacon
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 c. milk
- 1/2 c. bread crumbs
- 2 tsp. dried parsley
- 1/4 tsp. ground sage
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1/2 pound turkey sausage
- 1/4 c. ketchup
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. dry mustard
- Combine eggs and milk, stir in bread crumbs, parsley, sage, salt and pepper.
- Add ground turkey and sausage. Mix well.
- Pat mixture into a 8×4 loaf pan and bake at 350 for 1 1/4 hours.
- Spoon off excess fat.
- Combine ketchup, brown sugar and mustard. Spread over meat.
- Return to oven for 10 minutes.
Makes two small pies or one large
- 1 tbsp. yeast
- 1 tsp. sugar/honey/agave
- 1 c. warm water
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 1/2 c. white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 – 1 c. all purpose flour (I usually only need 1/2 c.)
- Combine yeast, sugar and water until dissolved. Let rest until proofed.
- Add salt, oil and white whole wheat flour. Mix well.
- Add enough all purpose flour to make a soft dough.
- Knead until smooth.
- Place in greased bowl, cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Form on large pizza or two small ones. Or freeze the second half for a later day (which is what I usually do)
Makes a lot. I freeze it in about 1/2 c. portions for future pizza nights.
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 28 oz. crushed tomatoes (could use diced, but I don’t like mine chunky)
- 1 tbsp. dried basil
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 6 oz. tomato paste
- In saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add garlic and heat till lightly browned.
- Add crushed tomatoes, basil, oregano, salt and red pepper flakes. Simmer until sauce begins to reduce, about 10 minutes.
- Blend in tomato paste and cook for an additional 3 minutes.
- Cool slightly before using on pizza